The Embassy of Algeria in London informs the Algerian students at the United Kingdom’s Universities that the Scholarship renewal operation for the Academic Year 2023/2024 has started.
The modalities and conditions set by the Ministry of Higher Education (MHE) for the renewal of scholarships for the Academic Year 2023/2024 can be found here.
1-Conditions for the Renewal of Scholarships:
The renewal is granted to students who have not gone over the regulatory period of support and who can justify regular pedagogical and scientific progress.
Scholarship renewals can only be granted to students with a maximum of (04) year of study allowance.
2-Scholarship Renewal Procedures:
The renewal will be decided by the MHE and the Committee of Scientific Experts of the National Commission of the Training and the Improvement Abroad.
Students are not required to attend the renewal process.
The Algerian Embassy in London does not have the authority to decide on the renewal of scholarships. However, the Embassy gives its pedagogical feedback on the student’s study progress and behavior (reasoned observations).
3. Documents Needed to Renew a Scholarship:
– Transcript of records containing the stamp of the host university if possible,
– The follow-up form (sample to be downloaded here) duly stamped by the host institution.
– These documents should only be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following subject line: Name, First name, RENEWAL 23-24, University Name.
For example:YAHIAOUI Adam, RENEWAL 23-24, University of Cambridge.
These documents must be sent according to the following model:
-Name and First name_fiche de suivi (for example: YAHIAOUI Adam_fiche de suivi)
-Name and First name_relevé de notes (for example: YAHIAOUI Adam_relevé de notes)
-Name and First name_demanderenouv (for example: YAHIAOUI Adam_demanderenouv)
-Name and First name_information (for example: YAHIAOUI Adam_information)
Only send your documents to the following email address: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the documents by email at the Embassy is 07/08/2023. No document will be accepted after this date.
The Embassy will email each applicant a stamped follow-up sheet stating reasoned observations within (05) working days.
Once the Application is approved by the Student Department at the Embassy of Algeria in London (dully stamped), Students are required to submit the same application via the link: https://services.mesrs.dz/DCEU/course/view.php?id=75 (only for sponsored students following PhD studies in English).
Other sponsored students with different specialties should ask the Embassy for the specific link.
4. Scholarship Extension/Readjustment:
Scholarship extensions are not granted by the MHE. Scholarship holders are required to take all necessary steps to complete their training within the duration of the initially scheduled support.
Although, students who would like to apply for readjustment of their scholarships, are invited to follow the same procedure of renewal.
Repeating a year is not permitted. Any failure will result in automatic suspension of the scholarship, which will be reinstated only after the student has passed to the next year.
Students in PhD level are required to complete their studies in that level. However, achieving MPhil level without passing to the upcoming PhD level is not accepted by the MHE. This will result to the suspension of the scholarship.
Students finishing their studies are invited to complete the formalities for their final return within a period not exceeding three (03) months after their graduation.
For the modalities of returning to the home country, the student will have to fill the form using the link below.
- The procedures for applying for a scholarship readjustment are identical to the renewal procedures. Please only indicate that it is a readjustment on the official application and the follow-up form sent.
- According to the Ministry of Higher Education, if you have been funded for 48 months of scholarships and/or 4 years of University tuition fees, you are not eligible for renewal procedures.
- The scholarship is not renewed automatically. The renewal is decided by the Scientific Committee based on the student’s final results.
- The instructions should be carefully followed in order to best process your application.
- Renewal applications should only be sent to the mentioned e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send copies to the other Department’s e-mail addresses.
- Requested documents should be sent in a single email. Do not send the same email twice.
- When writing to Renewal email of the Embassy, always indicate the following information at the beginning of your email:
-Family Name and First Name,
-Year of Study,
-University Name in the UK,